Cash In With Your Own Software
Everyone Loves Presents, that is exactly what your software will be.
Whether or not you know anything about programming, you can create your own freeware or shareware software, then distribute it on your website, your newsletter, or your blog. I want to first go into the difference between Freeware and Shareware; freeware is just the way it sounds, free to download and use, but you can apply your own terms and conditions. Shareware is is a software that can be downloaded and use for free, however, if they want full access to the software, they will have to pay for the registered version.
You may offer this shareware on your sites as well as on the sites of others which will include your web link, and therefore bringing traffic to your site. If you have created a really awesome software, they will come to your site to see what else you have to offer and to say. Your software can be offered as a trial version, a no frills freebie. Remember, always include your ads, email, and of course, links to your website.
Have you seen freeware or shareware CD on the back of a book, or in a magazine? Well, these publishers are getting their freeware from someone, might as well be you!
The Big Question: How Do You Create Software?
You don’t need to be computer genius to create software, you just need to understand the process, then you can create anything.
1. You first want to have a creative idea, no idea, no software.
2. Find a quality developer after you have the proper documentation for your idea. A place I have personally used before to get desktop software developed is www.RentAcoder.com
3. Market your newly developed software.
You will now submit your product to the highest ranked directories and download sites. This is something that is going to take time and effort on your part. The alternate option, if you don’t have the time, is to hire someone to do it for you, there are many companies that offer this type of service.
Some of the advantages of shareware submission are:
- Greater visibility
- Back-linking increasing your popularity
- Traffic targeting
- Comprehensive feedback from the users allowing you to improve your software
- Software promotion
To submit your software successfully, you need to follow these steps:
- Develop a quality PAD file (Portable Application Description).
- Put it in the appropriate category.
- Make your site description inviting and exciting, you will need both a short and long version.
- Make any corrections before submission, no mistakes.
- Submit to as many directories and download sites as possible.
- Keep a record of the directories and sites your software is submitted.
- Submit any new or modified versions of your software, keeping your software up to date.
- Look at your traffic history and determine who your biggest customers are, and put your focus on them.
You are now another step closer to a very successful viral marketing campaign. Keep going, you are bound for success.
‘Whatever the mind can conceive and believe… it can achieve.’
Napoleon Hill, Think & Grow Rich
To your success,
Owner of More4you.ws