Before you end up investing some bucks and enrolling in pharmacy colleges, it is time to lean what pharmacy actually means. It is derived from the term B. Pharma , which was first used in 15th and 17th century. It is a part of the health sciences dealing with the preparation and then dispending of drugs. The main aim is to ensure safe and rather effective use of the drugs. People working in these areas are called pharmacists and they are experienced health professionals covering studies in medicines. They use their medicinal knowledge for the benefits of patients.
Division of the field:
The area of pharmacy has been categorized under three major sections and those are medicinal chemistry and Pharmacognosy, Pharmacutics ,Pharmacy Practice.
• As per the latest report from world health Organization or WHO, there are around 2.6M pharmacists and other working personnel over the world. It clearly shows that this career path is a proven one if you are willing to help out people and earn a good salary right at the end of every month.
• There are multiple courses available, and the duration is just like any other degree courses in India. You can apply for the seats only after completing your basic 10+2 exams.
More about the courses:
One you have enrolled your name at the best ever Pharmacy colleges in NCR, the time is here to learn about the courses involved in this area. The duration is subject to vary from one course to another, and it depends on the college you have chosen to study and gain knowledge.
• It starts Physiotherapy colleges with the diploma courses, which are most likely available for a period of 2 years.
• Then you have the undergraduate courses to think about. Here, depending on the chose subject, the duration will differ. For example, you have Bachelor of Pharmacy for 4 years, Bachelor of Pharmacy and Lateral Entry for 3 years, Pharm Hones. For 4 years and Bachelor of Pharmacy under Ayurveda for 4 years.
Heading towards postgraduate and doctoral courses:
Once you have covered up your bachelor courses in the area of pharmacy, you better head towards the higher courses. For that, you need to enroll your name for the postgraduate courses, followed by the doctoral ones.
• Under the postgraduate session, you have Master of Pharmacy for 2 years, Pharm.D for 3 years and Doctor of Pharmacy for 6 more years.
• There is only one course or option available under the doctoral courses and that is Ph. D in Pharmaceutical Sciences, which will be for 3 years.
For the eligibility:
Eligibility forms the most crucial factor, whenever any candidate is planning to get a seat in some of the top-notch pharmaceutical colleges or universities in India. The basic or minimum qualification is a good result in 10+2 exam. The courses should be in Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics or Biology subjects. Moreover, to be a part of the courses, candidates must complete the 17 years of basic education and then can opt for the seats.
About the Author:
Education plays a significant role in the overall development of every individual.