Companiesâ€™ business models often account for their success. The industry they operate in also makes a big difference. Are there opportunities for growth? Is the competition stifling them? You would need to ask these questions when you start online stock trading. To make that process easier, here is a compilation of four stocks from various industries and how they performed in the past four quarters, giving you a picture of 2021 and 2020.
Undergarment and T-shirt manufacturer Hanesbrands did experience a low point in the pandemic-ridden 2020, and its stock price is still around 33% down over the past five years. The companyâ€™s market capitalization is around $6.25 billion, and the management expects the business to earn revenue worth $7.4 billion by 2024, with its innerwear business expected to grow at a compound annual rate of 2%:
* For Q1 2021, Hanesbrands reported growth in all its major segments. It earned net sales worth $1.51 billion from its continuing operations, a 25% growth from Q1 2020.
* Full-year 2020 net sales rose 2% from 2019 to $6.7 billion.
* For Q4 2020, the company reported sales growing 8% from Q4 2019 to hit $1.81 billion.
* Q3 2020 saw net sales worth $1.81 billion, with the growth primarily being driven by the improved sales for its apparel business.
E-commerce company eBay reported increased activity during the Covid-19 lockdown. It has been especially popular among first-time users who love the platform:
* eBay reported that it expects revenue for Q2 2021 to be between $2.98 billion and $3.03 billion.
* During Q1 2021, eBay earned revenue worth $3 billion, beating the consensus estimates that suggested $2.97 billion.
* For the full-year 2020, eBay reported revenue worth $10.3 billion, a 20% growth on foreign exchange (FX) neutral basis and 19% growth on as-reported basis. Gross merchandise volume (GMV) was reported at $100 billion, a 17% growth on as-reported as well as FX neutral basis.
* Q4 2020 saw eBayâ€™s revenue at $2.9 billion, a 28% growth on as-reported as well as FX neutral basis. GMV was reported at $26.6 billion, a growth of 21% on as-reported basis as well as 18% on FX neutral basis.
* For Q3 2020, eBay reported a 22% year-over-year growth in GMV to $25 billion, while annual active buyers had a 5% growth to 183 million.
Ping Identity ($PING)
Ping Identity is a cybersecurity identification specialist. Cybersecurity proved its indispensability in the pandemic era where online working was critical for businesses. That would also provide more opportunities in the future for Ping Identity. Pingâ€™s Intelligent Identity Platform makes use of artificial intelligence to recognize and deal with potential threats:
* For Q2 2021, Ping Identity predicts total revenue in the region of $65 million to $67 million.
* For Q1 2021, Ping Identity reported a 12% year-over-year growth to $68.9 million. 93% of that revenue was subscription-based.
* Q4 2020 saw total revenue reported at $63.3 million. Subscription revenue was reported at $57.9 million.
* Ping Identity reported full-year revenue for 2020 at $243.6 million. Subscription revenue was $224.1 million. -
* For Q3 2020, Ping Identity reported total revenue worth $59.9 million. 92% of the revenue was accounted for by subscriptions.
The Williams Companies ($WMB)
Fossil fuels have generally come under fire recently from environmentalists and governments worldwide, so energy companies that traditionally specialized in these are being forced to diversify and shift focus. Natural gas is now the favored fuel, since it cleans up carbon emissions. Williams Companies is a natural gas infrastructure company that is now expanding its pipeline network to support the continued growth in natural gas demand:
* For Q1 2021, the energy company reported revenue worth $2.61 billion, greater than the $1.9 billion reported for Q1 2020. It also surpassed the Zacks Consensus estimate by 22.71%. (Q2 2021 results not yet released).
* Q4 2020 saw the company report net income worth $115 million.
* For Q3 2020, Williams Companies reported net income worth $308 million, an $88 million growth from Q3 2019.
This kind of information gives you a lot of parameters to base your investing decision on. An experienced online trading broker can give you many more resources as well.
The content of this message and its attachments are intended only for the informational and educational use for the intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message or its attachments is prohibited. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender by replying to this email immediately and delete this message and its attachments from your computer. The information provided by TradeZero America, Inc. is solely for educational and informational purposes. None of the information should be understood, construed or inferred to be an offer or solicitation of an offer, or a recommendation, to buy, sell, or hold any security or financial product, or engage in any particular investment strategy. This message is also not an offer to provide advisory or other services by TradeZero America, Inc. All communications sent to or from TradeZero America, Inc. are subject to archive and review by TradeZero America, Inc. and by regulatory and law enforcement authorities. We explicitly disclaim all liability for any action taken based on any information contained in this writing.
About the Author:
TradeZero provides commission free stock trading and direct market access to the US stock and options exchanges. Multiple stock trading software platforms allow trading from any device.